Search duplicate files
To begin your search, you first have to specify folders and files that you want to search.
- Select [Search template]
- Exact-content duplicate files: Search for duplicate files with same file content and extension
- Same name duplicate files: Search for duplicate files with same file name and extension
- Duplicate MP3: Search for duplicate MP3 files with same title and artist (album, comment etc can be defined. See Define Report)
- Large Duplicate files: Search for same-content duplicate files with size larger than 1MB
- Large files: Search for files with size larger than 1MB
- Zero-sized files: Search for zero-sized files
- All files: Search for all files
- Custom: User defined search mission
- Select folder by clicking [Browse...].
- If you want to restrict files of certain types to be found, replace your extension e.g. *.gif
in [File Type.:]. You can specify multiple file name pattern by adding more than
one file path and specify another file type e.g. *.gif
- If sub-folder is
included in the search, tick the sub-folder check box or clear it to exclude sub-folder.
- You can specify file size, file date and duplicate definition in [Define...]. For details, please check Define Report page
- By default, NoClone would search include Hidden Files/Folders. To excluding
all the hidden files, click [Exclude Path] on the left panel and type in the
searching path in field provided, checking [Hidden folders and files] option and
click [+] to add the path. To
excluding files under Windows folder, select [Protect Windows Folder].
- Press [Add>] button to a add the folder
- To add more path in single search, click [Add more path>] . Type in another
directory you want to search in the box on the top and click [Add] button above
the "Path box"
- To add path to compare with master folder, click [Compare again master
folder>]. Click [Add] button to add pathes.
- You can remove selected folder by selecting added folder and then press [Remove<] button.
- Press [Search] button to begin the search.
- You can cancel the search during searching by pressing [Cancel], but please wait a moment while stopping.
- When search is completed, you can start a [new
search] with other criteria or [Back to search] to search again with the